I decided to take advantage of the sun and milder weather today and start spring cleaning the vegetable plot. This was another job I had been putting off, but I split it down into mini tasks, making sure I did one thing at a time.
My first job was to sort out the greenhouse. I had meant to take it down in the autumn. It stood up to most of the winter weather until the last lot of snow. A huge slab of snow fell off the garage roof and squashed it. I didn’t think I would be able to save anything – the poles were buckled. I crawled inside and managed to bend a few poles back and tape them up with duck tape.
Next I cleared two of the raised beds and refilled them with compost from last year’s pots and growbags. All this just took a couple of hours, and I’m really pleased I’ve managed to save the greenhouse. It will last me this year, although I think I will probably have to invest in a new one next year.
I found some purple sprouting brocoli in one of the beds – there’s probably about enough for a mouthful, but I’ve learned a lot from my attempts at growing this year. This evening I’m going to plan what I’m going to grow.
Until next time, Tawney x