Here is my timetable for how yesterday fell out:
- 6.15 am get up and get ready for work
- 6.50 am drive to work, arriving 7am
- 7. 35am catch train to Nottingham
- 8.50 arrive Nottingham, on course all day returning to office at 3.30pm
- 4 pm leave work and rush to appointment at bank with Bee
- 4.30 pm drive home, change and drive to hair appointment at 5 pm
- 6.50 pm back home, cook tea
- 8 pm craft group
- 11 pm bed
I realised I was a bit overloaded yesterday, and it has made me decide that in order to catch up I’m going to give orchestra a miss tomorrow night. I’ve been asked to take on another commitment as a treasurer to an organisation. Once I would have felt guilty about saying no, but I’m learning to listen to my instinct which is to say no, because I don’t have the space in my life right now to take anything else on.
Do you find it hard to say no when asked to take something on which is going to cause you overload? How to you manage to get out of things which are draining you?
Until next time, Tawney x